WGT Summer Series Round 5 / Welsh Triathlon Virtual National Champs
Round 5 of the Summer Series is going to be extra special, as we welcome Welsh Triathletes competing for the FIRST EVER Virtual National Championship titles. For details of the Zwift race route click here.
So how do you sign up? The good news is, it’s all FREE, you just need to follow the instructions below:
- email : gro.n1632454120olhta1632454120irths1632454120lew@n1632454120imda1632454120 with the following:
- your name and a declaration of intent to race in the champs
- your WT membership number and age-group (this is taken from your age on 31 Dec 2020)
- a photo weigh-in
- for further details on joining WT, age group brackets and other championship rules please visit Welsh Triathlon
- A reminder that HR data is mandatory for the Welsh Champs – no data, no result. Beg, borrow or steal a HR chest strap if you need to, and check your batteries before the weekend.
- If you are NOT already taking part in the Summer Series, you also need to email Henry : firstname.lastname@example.org with the below information:
- Age (as it will be 31 Dec 2020)
- Tri Club (see “Who can enter” below)
- Body Weight (your pre-racing, morning state)
- Turbo Trainer model / power source
- FTP – if known
- email address
Other important pointers:
- Zwift Power – riders must be signed up to Zwift Power This links your Zwift account to ZP for results. You need to add the letters “WGT” somewhere after your name so we can track your results post-event. You only need to do this once.
- Race Cats A-D – ALL abilities are welcome! Please read the race rules carefully and enter the correct category based on your Watts/KG. If you’ve never raced on Zwift before it would be a good idea to do a few short ‘test’ events.
- Sign up to the event using the Companion App or simply click the image below:
- Who can enter? Whilst it’s not mandatory* to be signed up to a Welsh triathlon club, you must identify/consider yourself to be a ‘Welsh Triathlete’ to take part. This is taken on good faith. If you’re a pure cyclist you’re still welcome to join the races but you won’t be eligible for WGT Series Points.
*For the WT Virtual National Champs, you must be affiliated to Welsh Triathlon
…and finally, once you’re happy with all the above you can focus on the exciting bit – the racing!!! Ride on and enjoy the champs!